Monday, July 23, 2012

Sites with Great Materials for Studying the States

Here's where we found the blank state flags:


Here's where I found the State Notebook by ThistleGirl Designs that is state by state:


You may have to create an account, but the Notebook is free to download.

It is an amazing resource. I had trouble printing the how to pages that are at the beginning, but when I started with page 9 or 10 (where the materials started), it printed great. Also, be aware, there are 50 pages of color materials (one for each state) and then black & white copies of the same information for each state. I printed the whole thing without looking through it *_*

Then I found these great coloring sheets of postcards here:


Blank State Maps:




You can see geographic features on these maps:




This page has some great resources, but it's print from the page not pdf. I guess I'm finicky, but I like pdf's better ^_^ It does have some great on-line activities like coloring sheets and others.


I don't know what this is, but it looks cool. I'm in the process of figuring it out:



I know I have others that I haven't printed yet, I'll add them soon!


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Thank you for the great postcard Matthew and Emma! We received ours today and have had a ton of fun looking through everything. We are working on a letter to mail to you and our postcard should be there soon! -Barrett and Indie (Colorado)